The modern b2b world requires effective tools bringing to the company profit and expanding outreach. To the tools of such power, we involve a spam test.
Email spam testing is one of the most crucial processes for every e-campaign. Omitting it can be a huge mistake for business owners because it includes lots of processes and issues which have to be improved and not to let your emails end up in the receivers` spam folders. As a result, it shows whether cold emailing will be successful or not.
This article will direct you to these points:
- The main processes of email spam testing and its results on a campaign;
- Does spam testing influence the sender`s reputation?
- Main factors that bring success to your email campaign with the use of email delivery testing;
- Which types of addresses can obstruct the proper work of email delivery?
- Testing tools as a way to verify address lists for the containment of bounces.
- Conclusions about email spam testing tool and bonuses.
Are you ready to start this trip? So, fasten your belts!
The main processes of an email spam test and its results on a campaign
Implementing an email delivery test into a marketing campaign gives lots of opportunities. First of all, you can check whether your test email gets into a spam folder and figure out the reasons for that. Secondly, it gives you a thorough understanding of your current reputation as a sender and checks email deliverability.
You can run an email delivery test manually, with the use of a free instrument, or establish an email test software. Doing it alone means that this testing requires you to have approximately 15 verified and valid email contacts of recipients that use Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail. In order to know properly whether your emails are delivered to all receivers.
Instead, launching an email delivery test with b2b goals requires testing email within such services as Office 365, Outlook, Gmail, and others. An important note here is that you should test your email delivery on real corporate emails with their email providers to which you are going to run cold emailing.
An automatic email spam tester takes a minimum of time, resources, and effort. The modern marketing market suggests lots of testing software but one of the most innovative and effective remains an email testing checker provided by Folderly. Being a product of b2b sales lead generation company Belkins, these professionals are world-known experts in testing and automatization of email processes in e-marketing.
We have just figured out what email testing is and its types. Now let’s have a look at how it influences your sender`s reputation and how to improve it.
How spam testing is connected with the sender’s reputation
Of course, spam testing has a great effect on your sender`s reputation. The more an email campaign is tested, the better sender’s reputation and email deliverability will be.
The main reasons for testing email delivery are to find out how good the sender you are and to identify the spam issues that a campaign might face. Secondly, running an email delivery test means embracing the reputation of the domain. It is a really important factor for email providers to decide whether a receiver gets your messages or not and they define whether your actions correspond to credible, transparent, and trustworthy ones. Thirdly, implementing this tool into a campaign means preventing your company from high risks of losing financial investments, resources, and time.
Using it is a great opportunity to boost sales and extend a new target audience. Besides, another benefit of testing email delivery is that it provides you with a thorough analysis of your email template that might have spam containment and deep cleaning of unverified or non-existent addresses.
Do you still hesitate to start using the email spam checker? Okay, let’s have a look at the factors of boosting email deliverability and the whole campaign thing.
Main factors that bring success to your email campaign with the use of email delivery testing
Earlier we mentioned that for a successful email marketing campaign it is important to have domain and sender`s status at a high level. Email service providers analyze every email user and sender carefully in order to detect spammers, frauds, and cheaters. If you are a credible sender but after running an email marketing campaign you don’t get desirable results, let’s have a look at the 2 main aspects influencing your reputation through the prism of spam filters.
The first essential element without which your email campaign won’t be profitable is systematic warming up your email domain. Being a new user in sending cold emails means that you have to build a bridge between youк company and your audience gradually. It takes some time to make your mailbox ready for a big email campaign that includes 1000 emails per time. It is better to start from 6-10 emails at the beginning and later increase this number step-by-step. When you break this algorithm, you will be seen as a spammer and your domain can be blocked. So, we suggest you not risk and follow these guidelines to not make your email campaign fail.
The second factor of effective campaigns is working on the context of your email template. For warming-up, it is noteworthy to have transparent, clear text without spammy words, phrases, and extra links. You have to create an email that your clients want to engage with. The more your engagement rate will be, the better your status as a sender will be.
Another essential factor that precedes successful email delivery by testing is checking and cleaning contact lists. When you periodically verify your addresses on their quality, you are on a way to getting absolutely high engagement rates and increasing sales. Having bad quality addresses in contact lists means not only that your sender`s status will be declined but also your campaign and financial resources will be unsuccessful and meaningless. Use an email spam checker tool that checks and analyzes your sending lists. Find out your own sender score after running an email delivery test with Folderly. The higher your sender rate is, the better IRO you will have.
But what exactly are bad quality addresses? Let`s define it together!
Which types of addresses can obstruct the proper work of email delivery?
One of the essential factors of an effective email marketing campaign is to have good quality sending lists that stand for correct, verified, and existent contacts. However, there are those addresses that can bring to you lots of problems and waste of money. They include:
- Incorrect and false addresses. Usually, people leave this type of contact when they don`t want to share their personal data when a company suggests a free product such as a free subscription, e-book, or trial access to some service. Besides, spambots often use fake addresses to sign up for a form and later to get access to your bank account and personal data. In order to prevent yourself from dangerous consequences, it is better to use double opt-in. It means that your recipient has to check their email inboxes and click the attached link to complete the trial service or free subscription. It is an easy and safe way to remove unverified and false contact addresses.
- Contact bases that are purchased. Their reasonable prices for huge sending lists may attract your attention but let’s reveal the truth about what hides behind them. Firstly, contact bases are very rarely checked and verified on their outdated status or containment of errors which means that using them during the running of an email campaign will be extremely risky and can lead to its failure. Secondly, their users might not be interested in your product or they didn’t agree to share their contact, so your every cold email to them will not only confuse or irritate them but also soon you will be marked as a spammer. If your recipients are not satisfied with getting your email into their mailboxes, are you sure that your message will be opened, clicked, or replied to? Of course, no, it means the failure of a campaign.
- Impact on your reputation on social media. It is a truth that people whose contact bases are sold to several people and companies. Email users can be frustrated by getting regular emails with similar products or offers. As a result, senders might be spammed or even blocked by my email service providers. But the worst thing is that recipients might give feedback about it on social media, so your brand reputation will be spoiled and potential clients will lose the trust and interest in your company.
So, caring about your contact base, its segmentation and regular cleaning are essential steps to keep your email deliverability, engagement rate, and reputation on a good level.
Testing tools as a way to verify address lists for the containment of bounces
Having boosted email deliverability means having a lack of hard and soft bounces. Hard bounces refer to such issues as non-existent addresses and blocking the delivery of the recipient email server. Soft bounces are defined as temporary difficulties with a delivery that include blocking email messages because of content, inactive phase of a mailbox, problems with a recipient email server, and others.
Running an email delivery tester means analyzing your sending lists. Usually, there are 3 main groups that the email spam checker divides into in order to identify the quality of your addresses. The first group reveals contacts that are unverified, invalid, and typos addresses. Not removing these bounces will be a huge problem for your campaign and your sender`s reputation. Systematic deleting of this group of addresses will prevent you not only from declining email deliverability but also from getting marked by email providers as suspicious, dangerous, and not caring sender.
The second group of emails, which is analyzed by the email tester, relates to verified, valid, and reliable contacts. Running an email marketing campaign should focus on these checked address lists that will generate ROI, increase your engagement rate and you will be identified as a credible sender.
The third group of contact addresses consists of a major amount of verified addresses. It is preferable to use this group for systematic emailing. Keep in mind that as a sender you must do everything to prevent your domain from ending up in a spam folder.
Caring about bounce rate is an essential step for keeping your email deliverability and sender`s status in a good state. Remember that the normal rate of bounces should be only up to 5%. Systematic cleaning of sending lists, controlling them, and keeping a good balance of them is one of the pledges of successful email marketing campaigns.
Now you know that running an email marketing campaign requires a lot of factors that you have to control, identify, and monitor. If you miss some indicator, the campaign might fail. Following all recommendations and effective ways may not be a strong guarantee of 100% email deliverability because sometimes it is impossible to omit all spam filters and built-in algorithms.
Keeping all rates in a good state, preventing your domain from getting into a spam folder, having addresses list clean and balanced, regular spam testing are those pledges of an effective campaign. They are possible and real with email deliverability testing tools provided by Folderly. Folder`ly experts have great experience in spam testing and email marketing campaign flourishment and boosting sales.