Know How To Expand your eCommerce Business WorldWide
Only 1% out of 30 million US eCommerce Business worldwide. This figure is staggeringly disappointing for a country that prides itself on being at the forefront of eCommerce and technology. In fact, out all the eCommerce sales happening worldwide, 67% are attributed to China.
If you have an eCommerce store, you should think about internationally availing your products. There are more than 7 billion people worldwide, and the USA has only approximately 350 million of them. The market outside of the American border is huge, and from the success of Alibaba, it must be very profitable too.
ASOS is one company in Britain that has managed to get over 60% of its sales attributed to the international market. Mostly,because they have actually focused on growing beyond the British borders.
You might be an owner of a company that sales goods online and are wondering how to leverage the international market. Well, you guessed it. It takes work. However, the fruits are endless and aplenty. First take a look at how you can grow your ecommerce business using self-sustained PR efforts.
The very first thing to do is research about whichever country you would like to ship your products to. Understand the challenges and merits that could make you successful. Second, start small, and slowly grow as you sell more in those markets and improve your store’s traffic. Do not over invest earlier.
International marketplaces like Amazon Global make it easy to venture into some of those markets too. However, the to do list is huge, and a step by step guide is here:
- Research international markets, in which you might be successful.
- Start small because you can always reinvest later and grow further.
- If you’re looking for an easy place to start, then try international marketplaces.
- If you want to have the kind of success big brands have achieved then localization is the key factor.
- Set up local preferred payment options to encourage sales.
- Set up international shipping options to increase efficiency.
- You can make a lot of sales abroad by optimizing for mobile commerce.
- And when it comes to growing an audience, social media and influencer marketing are the optimal routes.
- Tap into your existing network to find opportunities
- Don’t forget to check how your government can help you grow
To get a more detailed guide, go to: How to Grow Your eCommerce Business Internationally