Even with the most exquisite jewelry, you need to know how to write a jewelry press release that will catch the eye of your target audience. The right PR strategy will help your jewelry stand out, even in a competitive marketplace. Any good PR strategy includes press release writing. With a well-written press release, you’ll generate organic traffic and convert prospects into loyal customers.
A press release is even more crucial for a jewelry business because getting your press release published on external media outlets will give you the credibility you need to attract the right clientele. Think about it, when you’re buying jewelry, you need to be certain that you will get value for your money. Securing media coverage via a press release might be exactly the social proof that you need to convince potential customers that you’re selling quality products
Before we get into how to write the perfect press release for your jewelry business, let’s talk about what a press release is.
What’s a press release?
A press release is a short and catchy news story about your brand. It can cover announcements related to your services, products, or events. If you have a newsworthy announcement you want to share, then a press release is the perfect avenue for that. This particular PR tool dates back to the old days when print media was the main channel for sharing information. Even so, the traditional press release has evolved over the years and retained its relevance as a major campaign tool.
A well-developed press release can do wonders for your jewelry business, especially if you’re struggling to attract and retain attention in the marketplace. It’s even more effective in this digital age when customers are spending more time online.
If your PPC (pay-per-click) campaigns are delivering zero results you should invest some of that time and effort into writing press releases. Mediocre results with PPC advertising might just be a sign that it’s time to divert the investments you’ve been making on social media campaigns to other vital areas of your business. A press release has a greater potential than any other campaign tool. In fact, you’ll be glad to know that a good press release places the power of online visibility in your hands. Even better, it won’t cost you too much money to run a good press release campaign.
You might be having a new line of jewelry designs to promote. Or perhaps you have created new gift sets that need promotion. Whatever news you’ve got to share with the public, a press release can help you with that. A jewelry press release will help you reach potential buyers and direct them to shop on your website.
Having said that, let’s look at how to write a press release for your jewelry collection in 2023:
What to include in your jewelry press release
- An engaging headline: The headline is the heart of your release. If you mess with it, your press release will never make it past a journalist’s inbox. However, if you include an engaging headline, then you increase the chances of your press release being published.
- Dateline: Both the the media and public will want to know the origin and date of your story so that they know if it’s relevant to them. Providing this information will help them to gauge whether they can make it to your shop in time to take advantage of the deals you’re announcing. Even if you have an online store, people will still want to know whether they’re still in good time to enjoy your discounts.
- Location: Include the physical address of your store. This is important if you have a physical store.
- Quote: Improve the credibility of your story by including a quote from the customers or the business owner themselves.
- Relevant image: Jewelry is a visual product so you can make your press release more engaging by including an image in it. The image should showcase the beautiful and unique products that you sell. You can also provide photos of people wearing the jewelry, employee photos, or even photos of your production or design process.
- A section highlighting your offering
- Another section highlighting your products
- Information about your target audience: The people who this jewelry collection is designed for
- Your website URL: Your audience may want further information about your announcement or business. Remember, a press release is brief and often only covers a single page. Therefore, you should provide a URL that directs readers to a landing page on your website where they can get more information.
- A boilerplate: Provide information about your jewelry business. A paragraph of up to 4 sentences is enough for this part. This section is supposed to be concise so you should fit the vital information about your business within those few lines.
- Contact details: Include your primary contact’s name, email address, telephone number, and your jewelry website URL
The ideal template for your jewelry press release
If you have doubts about whether or not you can write a jewelry press release, this template should be a useful guide. The template will help you write your press release accurately by following the standard format. When you follow this template, you’ll have an easier time mastering the basics of press release writing.
When writing a press release, it’s important to avoid using the entire document to market your document. After all, no journalist will accept a press release that sounds like a sales pitch. Press releases are designed to be objective so your tone must be objective too. You should also avoid the first and second-person narrative when writing your release because this robs the press release of any objectivity. Now let’s look at a formula that you can use to write your press releases:
[Press Release Headline]
[Indicate the city, state, and date of release] You must indicate whether the release needs to be published on a specific date or needs to be published immediately.
[Provide a summary] Describe your announcement briefly.
[Add a quote] This quote can be from a customer, business owner, or manager. The quote must be relevant to the announcement and provide a valuable perspective into the news you’re sharing.
[Additional paragraph] This paragraph is the perfect place to shed more light on the announcement or offering. This is also the part where you answer the five basic questions. They include who, where, what, when, and why.
[Add another quote] Here you can write a quote that gives insight into your business model. Alternatively, you can add another paragraph that explains more about your products and who they are designed for.
[Add CTA] Provide a call to action that leads to further information for your readers. You can also add a link that serves the same purpose.
[Boilerplate] This is where you share the “why” of your business. What needs did you build this jewelry business to address? What kind of jewelry do you specialise in? At the end of your boilerplate, you should add the following details:
- Jewelry website URL
- Contact person’s name
- Email address
- Phone number
Whether you’re launching a new jewelry collection, announcing an event, or sharing news about a collaboration, a press release provides the perfect opportunity to reach a wide audience. Let’s face it – sharing information with a massive audience has never been easy. Nevertheless, when you have a robust technique to rely on, this is possible. When used well, a press release is a powerful tool whose relevance spans different industries. What’s more, a jewelry press release is cheaper to use than PPC advertising. In addition to widening your reach, a press release can also help you boost your SEO.
Therefore, if you need to boost online visibility for your jewelry business, you should add press releases to your arsenal of PR tools.