Email marketing is a powerful tool for businesses of all sizes. It provides an opportunity to reach new customers, engage with existing customers, and ultimately, retain them. It is also cost-effective and relatively easy to implement. That being said, it’s essential to understand what it takes to create an effective email marketing campaign that will win new customers and retain them.
From identifying the right target audience to crafting engaging emails, having an effective email marketing strategy is essential to success. We will also provide tips on how businesses can capitalize on email automation to automate their marketing efforts and reach more customers. With the right approach, email marketing can be a powerful tool for businesses of all sizes.
What are the benefits of email marketing for your business?
A very efficient technique to bring in new clients is email marketing. It entails creating and organizing the distribution of emails to prospect, keeps, or sell customers.
The benefits of email marketing
Before starting email marketing, it’s important to learn its strategies and benefits. Emailing is a critical component of business strategy and offers several benefits.
It is very profitable and very good at keeping and getting new customers:
- The average return on investment for emailing is predicted to be €32 for every €1 invested; it results in high purchase rates.
- It is the first client acquisition channel for 81% of SMBs.
- Starting an emailing campaign is simply because of the centralization of campaign administration on a single interface, which makes it simple for anybody to create and send emails to individual contacts or groups of contacts.
- Both the delivery and the responses are quick.
- Email marketing’s personalized messaging and precision targeting are both advantages.
- Measuring the effectiveness of your email campaigns provides you with information about your customers.
Adopt the type of email adapted to your objectives
The newsletter or email does not have the same goal as commercial emailing, which could be used to advertise a deal or an event instead of informing and keeping clients. Additionally, utilizing the right agile project management tools can help you stay organized and on top of your tasks.
So, you must first specify your goals in terms of sales, loyalty, customer relations, etc.
There are different types of campaigns to reach them:
- ask your customers for their contact details at your point of sale or trade fairs to offer them promotions, invite them to events, or offer them a loyalty card;
- encourage Internet users to subscribe to your newsletter by clicking on a link located on your website;
- offer those who consult your site the benefit of free resources (infographics, digital books, invitations, contests, etc.) in exchange for their email; exchange with your subscribers on social networks to collect their email.
Choose software to manage your email campaigns
There are many different software packages available, each with its unique features and benefits that can help make email campaigns more effective and efficient, e.g. if you want to create an email marketing strategy for photographers, it’s completely different from one for food marketing. Anyway, several tools are available to help you plan, develop, and evaluate your email campaigns.
They aim to:
- centralize and simplify the management of your emails,
- facilitate sending to different lists,
- guide you in designing your messages using pre-established templates,
- collect data to analyze the behavior of recipients (opening of emails, clicks, unsubscriptions, etc.).
How to make email messages that have an impact on your target?
Include must-have elements to generate interest in your posts
Your email’s subject line should grab readers’ attention. It will help your content become feasible. The suggested word count is 50 characters. Evoking a current topic or integrating emojis (small images representing an emotion) are good practices, conversely using generic titles (Urgent need, Subscribe, Free for you…) can classify your message in the mail junk or spam.
Create engaging content
A basic message will be appropriate for an order confirmation email while creating a balance between texts and graphics will be important to promote the reading of an information letter. In your message, you may also include some pictures, charts, etc. The content and structure of your message must be adjusted to your audience and your aims.
Incentive click and action buttons are the most effective way to achieve your goals
Add a call-to-action (CTA) incentive button that meets your top priority goal, such as directing them to your website, a particular promotional page, or your social media accounts, or registering them for an event or webinar.
Emails with a priority objective, and therefore a single action button, perform better than those offering several redirects.
- Place your preference action button at the top of your message, it is a very visible visual link, in a color contrasting with the rest of the message, which aims to make your prospect carry out this priority action.
- Choose action verbs for the text of your button: I discover, I subscribe, I go there, Download, Contact…
- Pay particular attention to the landing page (also called a landing page) on which the recipient arrives after clicking on your action button.