Mobile applications allow you to solve many tasks: study information, increase the efficiency of gadgets, communicate, earn money, and much more. But finding a smart mobile app developer is not that easy.
How to Develop Mobile Applications?
First of all, you need to learn programming languages for mobile app development. Different platforms are suitable for different languages, so first, you need to decide on the platform you are interested in, and then the language. If we talk about the support of old proposals that were written earlier, then you need to know Objective C here, because new programs are increasingly written specifically in Swift. It is used in cases where you need to achieve the maximum performance of your application. You can also hire custom mobile app development services WeSoftYou.
Stages of Mobile Application Development
Suppose you have already mastered one of the necessary languages for writing a mobile application and decided to create your first independent project.
The following stages of mobile application development can be distinguished:
- Finding the main idea of the program and its concept. This phase also includes market and existing product analysis, stakeholder/investor interviews, and user research. Before proceeding to the next stage, it is necessary to describe in detail the business requirements for the product (business objective, CA, competitiveness, brand requirements, and success indicators).
- Definition of basic functionality – minimum viable product (MVP). Most often, mobile applications are born gradually – first, a demo version with simplified functionality is released, and then gradually new functions appear in subsequent releases, and this approach is often financially justified. The developer collects user feedback and understands what to bet on in further development, and in the most positive result can even get a minimal profit.
- From the point of view of marketing, it is important to indicate the basic distribution model here, because the main pages of the application itself also depend on it. Also, we define in more detail the sequence of actions in the promotion – sources/distribution channels and target actions of the user.
- UI / UX design is the work of a designer. Now that we have a good grasp of the client’s stages and unique functionality, we can begin working. Here, the information architecture is created, that is, the basic structure of the program’s navigation system.
- Validation of prototypes in usability tests (very simple basic testing of layouts and prototypes) – this stage also refers to the designer’s work – do our clients see the value in the application that we initially determined, and are they able to figure out how to use it? It often happens that the functionality of the application page is obvious to the customer but completely incomprehensible to the user. Based on the results of the tests, the designer makes changes to the design.
- Creation by a designer, project manager, and/or other specialists of a detailed technical task (TOR) for a mobile programmer. We will talk about what the technical task should look like in the next section of the article. You can learn about application development hereYou can learn about application development here.
- Direct development of a mobile application and auxiliary services. In the process of creating a mobile application, we continue to constantly test and improve it, but it is important to adhere to the plan of phased releases, because often in the process new ideas regarding functionality and design come to customers.
- There is no promotion without it. Here we connect the maximum marketing artillery, for which there is enough funding – banners on sites and advertising in search engines, SMM, mailing, SEO in the promotion of the application site, if there is one, tracking of credibility, and the fastest possible response, publications in the media and on news portals, even publishing POS materials.
- This is followed by repeated testing of the functionality of the program and the search for bugs, re-evaluation of its design and TK, and creation of test documentation (test cases). We make bug fixes and prepare the program for release.
- Finally, a release! When the series of improvements are completed, and all departments are satisfied with the work result, the application can be released to the world, or rather its first demo version – download it to application stores.
The process of mobile application development is a very tedious job. Mobile app development services are provided by various IT companies that are trying to develop unique software that can attract more potential customers to their products or services.