Technologies transform every aspect of our life, and business owners seek modern solutions to keep pace with the digitized world. A website is a necessity for every company, and its interface and quality defines people’s opinion on your enterprise. Big companies can hire a web developer but small businesses basically complete different kinds of tasks on their own.
It may seem challenging to create a good site for beginners with no such experience. However, in this article, you will find simple steps on your way to a successful future in a technological environment.
5 Tips for Creating a Website for Your Business
We prepared a guide for small business owners on how to build a website that will attract potential clients and make your enterprise thrive.
#1 Choose a Domain Name with Relevant Keywords
One of the most crucial things for a recognizable site is its domain name. It will be your unique address, so choose it wisely. An SEO-friendly website address usually contains keywords or geolocation and makes your site visible. A domain name contributes to usability purposes as well as SEO.
Consider that it should be simple and easy to remember so that people could find your company without any misunderstandings. It’d be great to have a short name without any numbers and hyphens.
With a proper domain extension, you will obtain remarkable success and many visitors seeking your services and products. It must be associated with your business and hint to people that they’re going the right direction. Check if there is no other site with a similar domain name. If you find one, you can buy it for a reasonable price. You can find a domain name creator for a creative solution, but keep in mind these tips to avoid failures.
#2 Choose a Web Hosting Provider Depending on Expected Traffic Volume
A web hosting provider is a service that enables your business to post a website on the Internet. Every site is stored or hosted on a server containing data about your company. A browser is a linking element between a user’s device and your server. It may be too expensive for a small business to host a website, and many choose an external host. You need to choose a provider based on the traffic volume you currently have and expect to have in the future.
Consider that a cost-efficient web host may have some disadvantages, including competition with other sites slowing down your speed. The following web hosts are the most popular hosting providers: Doteasy, Liquid Web, Rackspace, A2 Hosting, DreamHost, 1&1 Ionos. You can benefit from their services and strong capabilities at a moderate price. Free website hosts may use other methods to get profit from providing services, such as banner ads on your site.
Therefore, you need to pay attention to the hosting provider’s terms and conditions. Web hosting services make sure a website runs properly, liberating business owners from technical issues.
#3 Fill Website with Quality Content
After choosing a template for the site, you can move on to adding content to the site pages and sections. The business website should be composed of such elements as:
- This page must be catchy and informative, providing all the crucial information on your site and clear navigation to other sections. An effective homepage impresses the visitors, and they usually judge the whole site based on the first page they see.
- About Us Page. Tell the story of your creation, describe what you’re doing and why people should use your services. Use short sentences, add photos and not overwhelm the page with too many details.
- Products or Services Page. In this section, you need to present to the clients the best features of your services or products with short descriptions and catchy images. Write the content carefully, paying attention to the clearness of your message.
- Contact Page. Your customers need to be sure that you can answer all their questions concerning your services. That’s why you should add a phone number or email specifically created for client support.
- Today, content marketing is on the rise. If you have many compelling articles on your site blog, search engines will show your site on the first search page. In addition to creating quality articles, consider adding video content. By creating videos with a Mac screen recorder you can improve the customer experience as the videos would give them more information about the product or service you are offering.
#4 Optimize Your Website for Search Engines
When building a website, do not neglect search engine optimization that is an indispensable tool for attracting more potential clients to your website. There are a huge number of sites on the Internet that may have similar content, and SEO helps your site to stand out and show up on the first search engine result page. Your wonderful website and its content may simply go unseen by clients as the search engine ranks it on the pages that users basically do not open. After all, studies show that most people find a site on the first two pages. As a result, if your site is placed on the 100th one, the chance that anyone will find it is low. SEO tactics for your site may include:
- High speed of a website loading
- Optimal site code
- Mobile responsiveness of your website
- Proper keyword usage
- SSL certificate to ensure users’ data privacy and security
- Backlinks high quality
- Positive reviews from real clients
- Connecting your site to social media
Consider that Google ranks websites according to the content quality as well as user experience. You should therefore make these factors a priority for your search engine optimization.
#5 Constantly Maintain the Website and Publish New Content
After making sure your site works properly on different search engines and devices, you can publish it for public use. You should regularly add content to your website: product updates, blog posts, etc. Develop a plan of content publishing so that people will visit it knowing they will find something new and interesting. It would be a great idea to add your clients’ testimonials to the site and ensure site visitors that you provide high-quality services. Reach out to your existing clients to engage more audiences by promoting your site on social media.
At a first glance, creating a website for your business may seem challenging and full of pitfalls. Despite the obvious obstacles, we hope that you’ve gotten enough information to build a clear understanding of the main actions. Remember that you can always get a helping hand from business owners who had the same experience.