4 Best Social Media Monitoring Tools for Startups in 2019
Organic social media tools marketing is divided into two main processes:
- The content that comes from you and your brand. This is the content you create, aggregate and share with your audience. Social media tools scheduling and workflow tools automate and optimize this part of social media marketing.
- The second aspect of social media marketing comes from the audience. It’s the mentions of your brand online, reviews, questions, compliments and complaints.
Posting may be significant to increase brand awareness but also keeping an eye on what people say about you and responding appropriately is important too. Social media monitoring tools make communication with an online audience comprehensive. Here are a few tools that stand out:
This is a social media listening tool made for sole proprietors and small businesses. It doesn’t require a tremendous budget, yet it covers all major social media listening features. Its features include;
- Finds mentions or any other keyword of your brand on all major social media platforms, including influential forums like Reddit
- Breaks mentions down into positive, negative and neutral ones
- Shows you a list of influencers
- Offers reports with all statistics on the authors that mention your brand.
Price: starts at $29/month
Mention offers real time social media monitoring and you can set up alerts for your brand, your competitors and your industry. Herewith this tool, you can view and respond to likes, tags or mentions right from the app. It is also possible to sort mentions by importance or significance and even set up filters, including by source or by language.
Mention offers two options which are tailored to the different people who need social media monitoring. These are small businesses focused on their own branding and also agencies working on behalf of their clients.
Price: starts at $29/month
Brandwatch’s analytics data is highly visual. It is perfect to illustrate the meaning of social media marketing to clients, if you’re an agency.
Brandwatch has an option to set up an alert whenever a keyword is referred to by the authors you choose. Signals alert on significant changes in the data, such as a sudden rise or an increase in negative mentions.
Price: starts at $800/month
Talkwalker offers a huge range of filters, sub-filters, and platform coverage and that makes it the most powerful in the market. Not only does it cover social media, news sites, blogs and forums, but it also covers broadcast, TV and print.
It combines information from Google Analytics and social media, sentiment analysis and image recognition to show you the most precise report. It allows you to manage a smooth workflow within a department and easily share data across departments.
Price: starts at $9,600/year